Translate

Friday, June 26, 2015

CC7A Reveal for June: Soft Summer Hues

Pin It


Welcome to the June edition of the Creative Continuum of Seven Artists! This month Sally Russick  presents the gently elegant colours of summer:





Pastels are a challenge for me, but luckily I had a FEW shinies I could call upon to try to do the palette justice :) I created this necklace using artisan lampwork beads by Patricia Ritchie, Angela Bohanan, Jane Perala, and Carolyn Muir. Small pink Indonesian glass from Karine Loiseau. All findings are antiqued brass. I rarely use brass (as a matter of fact I was surprised by how much I encountered in my findings drawers LOL), but it really appealed to me with this palette. (I know you love brass, Alicia!) This guy is super long, 32", with a doubled-length of twisted oval & figure 8 chain.



Standing at attention :)



Relaxing :)


Close-up of the cute focal :)


Profile view :)



Thanks for visiting again, everyone!

Now check out the rest of the CC7A gang:



Alicia Marinache 
(Fearless Leader)
Sally Russick
(this month's hostess)


Our group will be taking a mid-summer break now to connect with family and friends, travel, relax... you know, all the typical summertime stuff. But we will be back on August 26 for our next installment. I will be in charge of the photo inspiration, which Sally has nicknamed "Colorful Chaos" LOL. See everyone in August! 

8 comments:

  1. oh how fun! this piece definitely celebrates summer coming in full bloom! and I love that focal - how sweet is that?! Lovely piece Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Monique, The colors scream soft summer hues I love the brass pendant you used. This would be a good necklace to wear with a simple summer tank dress.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I was just thinking "oh, my, brass!" when I read your comment! Love the necklace, you sure captured the soft tones of Sally's theme. And that focal is perfect, just perfect!! Where did you get it? I absolutely love it (love hummingbirds)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft colours for this challenge and your choice for the challenge looks wonderful love the colours!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. PERFECT!!!!! Monique, the lampwork beads and that hummingbird pendant, boy is this piece a SHOWSTOPPER!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monique, Your necklace is lovely. It captures summer perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you took the soft summer hues and made them into a bold, busy, beautiful necklace...just like summer itself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Monique. Very summery, very feminine, with a touch of Bohemian charm, totally delightful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...