Translate

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ocean Blog Hop 2014 First Reveal

Pin It


Welcome to the first reveal for The Ocean 2014 Blog Hop, created by Lisa Lodge of A Grateful Artist. Each participant received a beautiful selection of beads curated by Lisa. In the interest of allowing you to visit all the participating blogs, I will limit my commentary to bead sources I added over and above my package from Lisa, and let the designs speak for themselves:



Two designs inspired by the cold northern oceans:


Crossings and Discoveries



Brown ceramic focal spike by Susanna Lehto, organic ceramic disc beads by Ingrid Mueller, jadeite squares, red Indonesian lampwork rounds and ribbon from Yukidesigns, hemp and waxed linen from Jewelry Accord.



Bubbles Eclectic

Large striped lentil lampwork by Cherie Ranfranzorganic ceramic disc beads by Ingrid Mueller, pale green lampwork "wing-ding" by Genea Crivello-Knable, additional lampwork by unknown artist (destash), jadeite square, Czech glass seed beads, waxed linen from Jewelry Accord.


Five designs inspired by the warm equatorial oceans:


Shell Pastels


(From Lisa's package, the blue shell focal by Michelle McCarthy), spotted lampwork rounds by Amy Hall, pink shell charm by Susan Delphine Delaneyyellow carved bone bead and pink triangular lampwork beads from Yukidesigns. The swirled polymer lentil directly above the focal is by yours truly.



Guardian Angelfish



Commercial glass focal (Fire Mountain Gems), ceramic tube bead by Sharleen Newland, lime lampwork spacers by Amy Hall, rainbow Indonesian glass tubes from Yukidesigns, green 1 mm leather cord from Roberta McIver.




Starfish Dance

I love these colours!



Ceramic bracelet focal by Ingrid Mueller, lampwork spacers by Juls Cannon waxed linen from Jewelry Accord.




They Sailed West



Porcelain pendant by Nancy Schindler Adams, rayon sparkle chainette thread from Lorraine Stobie. All additional glass beads from Michaels and Fire Mountain Gems.




Reef Life in Technicolour



Multicolour resin ovals and yellow carved bone beads from Yukidesigns, commercial striped ceramic teardrops (destash). A fun bracelet on elastic thread ( a first for me) :)


Whew, that's all I had time to finish :) However, I have a few beads left and components ready to go when I get a chance:






Thanks everyone for dropping by! For lots of ocean-inspired loveliness, check out these bloggers:


Your hostess:  Lisa Lodge, A Grateful Artist
Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa!
Christie Searle Murrow Charis Designs Jewelry
Kim Dworak Cianci Blue
Karen Grosset Grange Ginkgo et Coquelicot
Veralynne Malone Designed by Vera
*Monique Urquhart A Half-Baked Notion*
*You are here*
Katrina Taylor I Wanna Go Out
Mary Ann Macri Jacobs Trucksville Crafts
Jeanne Steck Gems by Jeanne Marie
Ann Schroeder Bead Love
Marianne Baxter Simply Seablime Jewelry
Terri Wlaschin Dances in Fog 
Margaret Pelech, Margaret Pelech's Ocean Blog
Jo-Ann Woolverton It's a Beadiful Creation
Kathy Zeigler Lindemer Bay Moon Design
Heather Richter Desert Jewelry Designs
Andrea Glick-Zenith ZenithJade Creations


35 comments:

  1. I especially like your bracelets. I am in a real bracelet mood lately! I am amazed at all the pieces you made! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful selection of creations. Very creative way of using the sparkle chainette. Lots of colour inspiration in your post today Monique - you've inspired me to go dye some threads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's "all" you had time to finish?? Amazing! I love the different color themes your pieces have. I think my favorite is Guardian Angelfish, but it's hard to choose. All are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a lot of pieces and they are all beautiful. My favorite is the bracelet with the resin ovals, but it is hard to pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous pieces. Love "starfish dance".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just LOVE that first necklace. I love that you brought in those northern coasts --that necklace reminds me of driving up the northeast coast of Scotland on my honeymoon, and getting out to explore those black rock beaches. All of your pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really went to town with this challenge, giving us a tour of so many oceans! I'm really drawn to the colors in the reef life bracelet and the angelfish necklace. Love how your featured so many awesome specialty beads in each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, are you kidding" That's ALL you had time to finish? These are INCREDIBLE - each and EVERY one. BRAVO!!!!! Happy Saturday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pieces Monique you are very talented in bringing together all the colors to make one beautiful piece. You now have pieces to go with any summer outfit you choose to wear.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Monique I am amazed at everything you put together and I just love your commentary. I can't choose a favorite. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your pieces are FABULOUS, but I gotta say "Guardian Angelfish"is to die for....LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monique, you made so many amazing pieces, all your color combinations are wonderful as are your choices of material. I couldn't choose a favorite, they are all so special and ocean looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow those focals are wonderful! I love all your different designs and colors...those colorful lentils are todie gfor. Very cute for summer

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made some absolutely lovely pieces, but I am in love with the necklace with the boat focal. I love the colors and the way the beads seem to make the sea. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow so many amazing creations. Love the inspiration of the cold north sea! Fav is the Guardian Angelfish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Monique! I love each and every one of your pieces. So many beautiful selections! Your were really inspired, and it showed. I really love the bubble bracelet! Thanks for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Monique!! So many unique and gorgeous pieces. Everytime I thought one was great, the next was a stunner. Awesome collection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous. Love it. Hope you will visit me on the 14th

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been really busy getting ready for this reveal. I feel like with each piece I was along a different shore line. What a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all great designs! I am particularly in love with the first bracelet. The metal focal is so cool and the way you highlighted is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Monique, you're amazing. You've created enough pieces to supply a small gift boutique, and each piece is unique and divinely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous designs! I agree with Almost precious, you did enough to open a small boutique....and all unique designs. You were one busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful designs! I love them all. And I agree with Almost precious, you did enough for a small boutique. You were one busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow gorgeous pieces!!! I love all!!!
    Have a good week!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soome very inspiring pieces what I could do with them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beaurtiful Pieces Monique! Each one is so special and unique. You are one talented lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What very lovely work. I like the reef life bracelet best. Such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness, what gorgeous pieces. So much inspiration there. And I love your large swirled clay focal bead. I've never been able to make any clay beads I was happy with. It is such a happy bead and draws you in to all the color and swirl in that piece. But they are all great, so much color, just like the oceans.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Monique, you've been so creative! Wow! So many goodies to look at! My favorites are the angel fish, they sailed west, & your last bracelet. Thank you for posting all the artists. I'm going to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What brilliant combinations of techniques and materials. Love the eclectic nature of your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful Ocean beads and so many inspirational techniques. You're rockin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love what you've done with your designs. So far they are the most unique I've seen. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each one! I am happy to reply to anyone who has an email attached to their profile, and I love doing just that (plus I was brought up to say "thanks" LOL). I don't usually reply here on the blog, but I will if you are a "no-reply blogger" with a question. Know that I appreciate EVERYONE who takes time to drop me a line!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...